What's the best piece of advice you've ever gotten?
Early on in my career a client shared a quote from a literary figure that seemed as applicable to life as it is to the business of branding: "People won't always remember exactly what you said or did, but they will almost always remember how you made them feel."
What inspires you?
My kids. One son has the ability to always see the best in everyone and I have rarely seen him in an unpleasant mood. The other son seems to have the boundless energy of a thermonuclear furnace.
A mixture of the Favorites:
- Favorite Band: The Replacements
- Favorite Vacation Spot: A sailboat in the British Virgin Islands has probably been my favorite but mostly we find ourselves enjoying the white sands of the Florida panhandle with our kids.
- Favorite Movie: Back To The Future. It has everything: heroes, villains, comedy, adventure, romance, a time paradox, quotable lines and a DeLorean.
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Vanilla Bean—I’m a purist.
- Favorite Book: Anything by Michael Creighton. I like his knack for taking a piece of science or technology and thinking: What if…
- Favorite Pie: Key Lime
Who’s your role model for going "above and beyond expectations"?
What’s your favorite "guilty pleasure"?
The Elvis '69 Comeback Special or watching Phineas & Ferb with my kids!
What’s the most fun thing about working at MP?
I’d say the people. Even though I’m away from the home office I’ve always felt like part of the team.
Name one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
I know how to engineer a 200-passenger steam locomotive.